The antivirus found a virus
Antivirus is not only a protector of your computer from malicious files, but also a way to combat piracy. Virtually all cracks and patches are, by default, blacklisted by the vast majority of antivirus software (both paid and free). That’s why the antivirus reacts to these files as potentially dangerous, to scare off lazy and uninformed users from downloading them and leaving negative comments. If you want to avoid «viruses» (cracks), purchase games officially from stores if you have doubts, and avoid downloading anything from torrent sources. Our website only hosts verified distributions.
- Question: But I downloaded games from other websites, and there were no viruses there, while here the antivirus found a trojan in other games.
- Answer: It’s quite possible that you downloaded games that don’t require cracking (e.g., GOG licenses or initially free games), and these games didn’t have cracks. That’s why your antivirus didn’t trigger on them.
How to fix this error?
- To solve such a situation, just turn off the anti-virus program on your PC before starting to download the game.
To disable Windows Security (Windows Defender) in Windows 10:
- Press the
Windows keyon your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Type «Windows Security» and select it from the search results.
- In the Windows Security window, click on «Virus & threat protection.»
- Under «Virus & threat protection settings, » click on «Manage settings.»
- Toggle off the «Real-time protection» switch to temporarily disable the antivirus.
To disable a third-party antivirus program:
- Look for the antivirus program’s icon in the system tray (usually located in the lower-right corner of your screen near the clock).
- Right-click on the antivirus icon to open the context menu.
- Search for an option that allows you to disable or turn off the antivirus protection temporarily. The wording may vary depending on your antivirus software.
- Confirm your choice if prompted.
In Windows 7, you can disable Windows Defender (Windows Security) by following these steps:
Click the «Start» button in the bottom-left corner of your desktop.
Open the «Control Panel.» You can typically find this in the «Start» menu.
In the Control Panel, make sure you are viewing it by «Category» (you can change the view by clicking the «View by» option in the top-right corner of the Control Panel).
Click on «System and Security.»
Now, click on «Windows Defender.»
In the Windows Defender window, go to the «Tools» tab.
Click on «Options.»
In the Options window, uncheck the box that says «Use Windows Defender» or «Turn on real-time protection.»
Click the «Save» button.
You will likely receive a User Account Control (UAC) confirmation prompt. Confirm your action to disable Windows Defender.